font-family: 'Dancing Script', cursive;

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Day 38: The Tigger Movie

The Wonderful Thing about Tigger is he got his own Movie!: Our 38th Movie!


1. What movie did you watch?
The Tigger Movie. The movie was released in 2000 and is the highest-grossing film in the Winnie the Pooh franchise. The film was originally slated for a direct-to-video release, until then–Disney CEO Michael Eisner heard the Sherman Brothers' score, and decided to release the film in theaters worldwide. Fun fact: This is also the first film in the series where Tigger is voiced by Jim Cummings, who also voices Pooh. Tigger's original voice actor, Paul Winchell, officially retired from the role in 1999.

2. Have you seen it before/ how long has it been since you last saw it?
Maddie: I've never seen it before!! This is very exciting!
Alexis: It's been several years. Like most of the Disney sequels we've been watching recently, I owned this one on VHS but nothing else so it's hard to find and watch.


3. What memories did it recall?
Maddie: I'd never seen it before so not really any, except for the ones I've already recalled about Winnie the Pooh in general.
Alexis: I really liked this one when I was younger (because all the Winnie the Pooh movies were my favorites), but I remember it made me sad. Even as a little kid I understood how sad it was for Tigger to not have a family, and it made me upset. I did love it though, especially the songs.  

4. What did you think of it?
Maddie: I really liked it! I think it the basis of the movie- that Tigger is lonely and doesn't have a family (or know his family)- is very sad, but the lengths that everyone goes to to show that they are his family and make him feel better is so sweet. Plus I liked that they used different kinds of musical styles (jazz, blues, etc.) throughout the film.


Alexis: This movie is extremely sentimental, and I love it. I think it says a lot about friendship and different types of families. It's also very classic Winnie the Pooh, as in the tone, style, and characters stay true to the original stories. It's overall really cute; great songs, great story, great message.


5. Favorite moment:
Maddie:  I think my favorite part is the end when Tigger realizes that they are his family and gives the locket to Roo- their relationship is so sweet and amazing! I love it!

Alexis: My favorite part is also at the end, when Tigger realizes his friends are his family and they're the ones who wrote the letter. It's so sweet how they all say their part, and show that they care about him. It makes me happy!


6. Any other comments:
Maddie: Why are all of the spin-off Winnie the Pooh movies so sad and sweet? Why must they all give me such feels?

Alexis: I agree, they're all so emotional and sweet! Also, I enjoy that this whole movie was inspired by one line in Tigger's theme song. 

No comments:

Post a Comment