font-family: 'Dancing Script', cursive;

Friday, November 13, 2015

Day 32: Pooh's Grand Adventure

 

 We are More Nostalgic Than we Think: Our 32nd Movie!

1. What movie did you watch?
Winnie the Pooh's Grand Adventure. The film was released in 1997, and was a direct-to-video release due to its “its dark themes and imagery”. Unlike the preceding Winnie the Pooh films by Disney, the movie is an entirely original story, and doesn’t take from the books of author A.A. Milne. Fun fact: It is the first Winnie the Pooh film ever to have its own special edition.

2. Have you seen it before/ how long has it been since you last saw it?
Maddie: I used to watch it fairly frequently when I was little- we had a recording but I also remember it being on Disney Channel/Disney Jr. a lot. I haven't seen it in a couple years, though.
Alexis: We used to own it on VHS so I watched it a lot as a kid. Basically if it had Winnie the Pooh in it, it was one of my favs!

3. What memories did it recall?
Maddie: I just remember watching it a lot. It gave the Disney universe one of the most iconic Pooh quotes that I still frequently think about.
Alexis: When I was little, I used to like to believe that my stuffed animals went on adventures while I was at school too. I remember getting ready to go to kindergarten and telling some of my toys (including my own stuffed Pooh) to be good and have a safe trip. I really related to Christopher Robin!


4. What did you think of it?
Maddie: I'm sure this isn't shocking anyone but I LOVED it! I think this movie has so many clever things in it and made me feel the warm fuzzies.
Alexis: This movie is so great, but gosh it's so sad! The beginning song makes me tear up every single time! I really do like this movie though, I think it's a really fun adventure movie. 


5. Favorite moment:
Maddie: I had two things that I was obsessed with (still am obsessed with) when I was younger: the map and one of my favorite quotes of all time. The map I thought was so cool and when I finally started getting the skull/school joke it made it even better:
These fonts still give me feels all the time:

Alexis: I agree, Maddie! I have that quote on my wall in my room at home, it's very inspirational! I love a lot of the lines and little moments throughout the movie, but I think my favorite overall moment is the ending song, when they're all making their way back together and the scary places turn out to not be scary at all.

6. Any other comments:
Maddie: Owl is such an ass in the beginning of this movie: he scares them about the adventure they are about to go on but won't actually with them! What a jerk!
Alexis: I agree with that statement!

No comments:

Post a Comment