font-family: 'Dancing Script', cursive;

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Day 7: Alice in Wonderland


Inception in Wonderland: It was all a dream!



1. What movie did you watch?
Alice in Wonderland.  Released in 1951, it was based primarily on Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and the sequel Through the Looking-Glass.  Disney himself had read and loved the stories as a boy, and had the goal of making them into a feature film since his early years in film making.  When the film was finally released, many literary critics and fans of the original books accused Disney of "Americanizing" the story.  Fun fact about the movie: There were several scenes that were deleted from the final script, including one that featured the White Knight (who was meant to be somewhat of a caricature of Walt himself) helping Alice in the Tulgey Woods, but Disney decided that Alice needed to learn the lesson herself, which led to the song Very Good Advice.  
2. Have you seen it before/ how long has it been since you last saw it?
Maddie: I haven't seen this one in a long time! I go on the ride (not the teacups, but the dark one) every time I go to Disneyland, but it was never one of my favorites.
Alexis: I have seen this one quite recently, I believe I watched it on ABC family within the past couple years. 
3. What memories did it recall?
Maddie: Largely it recalled memories of the other Alice interpretations. I've noticed over the eyars that I prefer the darker adaptations of Alice, because I find the idea of her being mentally unstable much more compelling.
Also, just memories of Disneyland.

Alexis: This is one of my favorite Disney movies.  I love all the different characters, animals, and places, and as a kid I always wanted to go to Wonderland.  I thought it was just so cool!  I also remember wanting to eat all of the things that Alice does, not because they would make me smaller or larger, I just thought they looked good! 

4. What did you think of it?
Maddie: I enjoyed it, but admittedly I was so tired that I fell asleep while we were watching, oops! It really was entertaining though (for the parts that I saw while awake).

Alexis: I loved it, just as I always have.  The characters and songs are just so entertaining!  Alice goes to so many different places that it keeps my attention the entire movie, there are no really dull moments as there in other Disney movies. The songs are great as well, I had most of them on a Disney CD as a kid.  I honestly just love the nonsense.


5. Favorite moment:
Maddie: I love the dark moments when Alice questions herself. Ugh, I sound so creepy, but its the only moments of real character development!

Alexis: Yes Maddie, it does make you sound creepy! For me, oh gosh this is actually pretty hard!  I'll have to say either the Mad Hatter's tea party scene or any part with the Cheshire Cat.  The Tea Party is just so entertaining, and it's a classic scene attributed to the movie.  And then the Cheshire is my favorite character; he's not good or bad, he's just plain crazy, and I love it.





6. Any other comments:
Maddie: Why is a raven like a writing desk?

Alexis: There are too many answers to that question.

No comments:

Post a Comment