font-family: 'Dancing Script', cursive;

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Day 6: Cinderella

  Bibidi, Bobidi, NEW Movie! Our sixth movie!

Scarlett Johansson as Cinderella in a Disney Dream Portrait
1. What movie did you watch?
 CinderellaThis film was released in 1950 and was the first full feature since Bambi, following a series of anthology films that were less expensive to make.  Cinderella was the biggest hit since the original Disney picture, Snow WhiteThe profits from the film's release, with the additional profits from record sales and other merchandise, gave Disney the cash flow to finance a slate of productions, establish his own distribution company, enter television production and begin building Disneyland during the decade.  Fun fact about the tale of Cinderella: One of the most popular versions of Cinderella is the version by the Brothers Grimm, however the story has actually been around much longer (going all the way back to Greek and Chinese myths!).  

2. Have you seen it before/ how long has it been since you last saw it?
Maddie: I think I watched it a year ago, it's one of my favorites of the princess movies. It's just really magical.
Alexis: It was probably a few years ago.  I know I watched it with my friends when I was in high school at some point! 
3. What memories did it recall?
Maddie: I guess you could say I'm a connoisseur of Cinderella interpretations. I LOVE Rodger's and Hammerstein's Cinderella and Into the Woods. (see below)



In addition, this was a movie that I would often watch when I was stressed, it just got rid of the anxiety really well. Also, the music in this movie happens to be pretty exceptional.

Alexis: It definitely brought back childhood memories.  My sister and I loved the mice, Gus Gus is the best!  Also, I remember always being mad that they made the cat evil, because I liked cats and I wanted him to be good. 


4. What did you think of it?
Maddie: I LOVED it! Surprised?? In case you couldn't tell already, I really have an affinity for this movie. The animation is beautiful, and very different from the past movies. here are so many amazing characters in the movie: Gus and Jacques, the King and Duke, the Fairy Godmother, the list goes on and on. 

Alexis: Big shocker: I loved it too!  It's just such a feel good movie!  Cinderella is a great, kind character who deserves her happy ending, and all the side characters are super fun too!  The Duke and the King are hilarious, and I love the Fairy Godmother.  Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo is one of my favorite Disney songs!

5. Favorite moment:
Maddie: This is a really obvious one, but the transformation scene never gets old!

Alexis: I just love the scene at the end when Cinderella comes down the stairs just in time, and foils the Evil Stepmother's plan.  The moment when they think the slipper is broken and she just goes "but you see, I have the other slipper!", it's like BAM, YES, CINDERELLA 1 STEPMOTHER 0, GOOD WILL ALWAYS TRIUMPH!  I just really like that quote too. 

6. Any other comments:
Maddie: This movie interestingly enough really has two villains. The Evil Step-Mother:
And Lucifer, who in total probably makes more dick-moves than anyone else in the movie and is named after the devil:
 This is hilarious to think, considering he's a cat! No wonder I'm not a cat person!

Alexis: Moral of the story: be kind to animals because someday they may make you a dress and rescue you from a tower so that you can live happily ever after!
PS. Feel free to leave a comment!  And Gus says Have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment