font-family: 'Dancing Script', cursive;

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Day 9: Lady and the Tramp

He's a Tramp, he's a movie watcher... Our Ninth Movie!



1. What movie did you watch?
 Lady and the Tramp.  The origins of the movie come from a Disney story writer named Joe Grant, who was inspired by his own English Springer Spaniel named Lady.  Like in the movie, Grant's dog was seemingly pushed aside by the arrival of his first child. He brought the idea to Walt, who was pleased with Grant's sketches of his dog, and he commissioned the movie.  It took many years for the storyline to be developed. Fun fact: the opening scene where Jim Dear gives Darling the box with little Lady inside is based off of the true event in which Walt Disney gave his own wife a Chow puppy in a hatbox.  
2. Have you seen it before/ how long has it been since you last saw it?
Maddie: I had seen it before, but not since I was little, it was never one of my favorites.

Alexis: It's been a while since I've seen the full film all the way through, but I've definitely seen parts of it on TV within the past few years. 

3. What memories did it recall?
Maddie: The two Italian guys who work at Tony's in the movie reminded me a lot of the movie Moonstruck:
VS.
That is all.
 
Alexis: As a kid, I know that I watched it a lot but I don't have any real specific memories from it.  I ate at the Lady and the Tramp restaurant at Disneyworld, if that counts.  I had spaghetti. 

4. What did you think of it?
Maddie: Meh. It was kinda boring and really upsetting at points. Plus I HATE those Siamese cats. They are horrible in every way. No wonder I'm not a cat person. Also, all the moments with the pound are really upsetting. And I just don't get why a rat would want to get to a baby. Weird. Redeeming moment, baby Lady is really adorable:

Alexis: It's definitely not one of my favorites.  I kept getting distracted while watching it because it's just so boring at points.  The characters are all really cute, but the plot just lags.  
5. Favorite moment:
Maddie: This is very obvious, but the kiss and La Bella Note will always be my favorite moment:

Alexis: I am going to have to agree with Maddie, it's the best part by far. 

6. Any other comments:
Alexis: I'm pretty sure they made a straight to home video/dvd sequel featuring their puppy, Scamp.  In this case, Scamp is the one from the nice house and he meets a female companion who lives on the streets.  It's sort of like Grease 2, you know?


No comments:

Post a Comment