font-family: 'Dancing Script', cursive;

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Day 28: A Goofy Movie

Doin' it for the Goof*: Our 28th Movie!

1. What movie did you watch?
A Goofy Movie. The film was released in 1995, and acts as a sequel to the TV show Goof Troop. Fun Fact: When writing the movie, Disney staff members wanted to make Goofy less one dimensional, and "give him an emotional side".

2. Have you seen it before/ how long has it been since you last saw it?
Maddie: I have seen it before but maybe only once or twice, and a LONG time ago.
Alexis: I watched it over the summer (when our other roommate Amy and I watched this and an Extremely Goofy Movie back to back).

3. What memories did it recall?
Maddie: Not many but I loved the father/son road trip dynamic. My family doesn't road trip much, but when we do I love it, so I guess that! I thought overall it was good, but my family was never big into this and I still don't have as strong feelings about it largely because I have no sentimental attachment.
Alexis: It actually reminds me of family road trips! When my family would drive between our town in Ohio to our extended family in New Hampshire, my sister and I would often choose this one. It also reminds me of singing all the songs with family friends of ours (we're huge Powerline fans!). 

4. What did you think of it?
Maddie: I thought it was good, but it's never been one of my favorites. I don't like how mean it is to Goofy the whole time. Especially since Goofy is one of my faves: my laugh when I get very over excited used to sound like his, so I feel that we are brethren. Here's how I feel about people who are mean to Goofy:

Alexis: I really enjoyed it, this movie is so fun! It brings back a lot of good memories for me, and it makes me laugh every time. How could you not love Lester's Possum park, and Bigfoot dancing to "Stayin' Alive"?

5. Favorite moment:
Maddie: I have to say, I'm a sucker for musical endings, so I loved Powerline's performance at the end. The song is just so infectious and Max gets to accomplish his goal (even if it is for the wrong reasons).

Alexis: I agree with Maddie, the two Powerline songs are my favorite, both Stand Out and 121. But my favorite line is definitely Bobby's "leaning tower of chees-a!".

6. Any other comments:
Maddie: The main thing that confounds me about this movie is Goofy and Max's packing. IT MAKES NO SENSE. It's lager than the car, and none of it is in the car, why wouldn't you put some of your luggage in the empty back seat?? Also, why are you bringing so much?? You aren't gone that long!
THAT AMOUNT OF LUGGAGE MAKES NO SENSE!!!!

Alexis: I own a Powerline t-shirt.
* Credit for the pun goes to our roommate, Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment