font-family: 'Dancing Script', cursive;

Friday, May 6, 2016

Day 47: Piglet's Big Movie


Small but Fierce: Our 47th movie!


1. What movie did you watch?
Piglet's Big Movie. The film was released in 2003. Several of the stories in the movie were taken from the plot of A.A. Milne’s original stories. American singer-songwriter Carly Simon wrote seven new songs exclusively for the film. (Not So)Fun Fact: By this point, John Fiedler was the only original voice actor left of the original cast of characters. He reprised his role of Piglet.  

2. Have you seen it before/ how long has it been since you last saw it?
Maddie: No! This is exciting!
Alexis: Yes, but many years ago when they would show it on Disney Channel.

3. What memories did it recall?
Maddie: Piglet was always the Pooh character I most related to, so I was excited for this and connected with that part of it.
Alexis: Mainly memories of how much I love all the Winnie the Pooh characters! I will watch any story that takes place in the Hundred Acre Woods, no matter which character it's focused on. Also, I remember this movie always made me sad as kid, much like the Tigger Movie, just because I felt so bad for Piglet!

4. What did you think of it?
Maddie: It was sad at points but so cute!! Never underestimate people just because they are small! Piglet was so underappreciated. He's so amazing. Ugh- MVP.

Alexis: I think it's a really sweet movie. I enjoy that they went back to the old format of including several short narratives within the movie, like the original and unlike Pooh's Grand Adventure or the Tigger Movie. I'm especially glad they included the House at Pooh Corner.

5. Favorite moment:
Maddie: The part with Piglet and Kanga when they first met Kanga and Roo! It was so sweet. Also, the part when they remake Piglet's book after ruining it.

Alexis: Definitely the montage of all the characters re-drawing Piglet's book of memories. I love the drawing animation! 


6. Any other comments:
Maddie: Not a huge fan of all of the Carly Simon music, but it all had nice sentiments. The lyrics are just so literal.
Alexis: Agreed, the Carly Simon music was just not good.

No comments:

Post a Comment