font-family: 'Dancing Script', cursive;

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Day 42: Atlantis: The Lost Empire

DIVE DIVE DIVE (into Atlantis): Our 42nd Movie!


1. What movie did you watch?
Atlantis: The Lost Empire

2. Have you seen it before/ how long has it been since you last saw it?
Maddie: I have, but it was three years ago. I liked it as a kid but as an adult I've realized it's definitely not near the top of my list.
Alexis: I haven't seen this movie in probably 12 years. I remember seeing it as a kid but we never owned it and it's not a movie that any of Disney's TV channels play anymore (and I can see why).

3. What memories did it recall?
Maddie: I named my fish as a kid after Milo: he was my favorite.
Alexis: No memories of this movie in particular came back to me, but the movie itself did remind me of Indiana Jones!

4. What did you think of it?
Maddie: I liked it! I think the world building is really cool, and it's a great take-off on different genres but not the best overall.
Alexis: It was okay, it definitely wasn't one of my favorites. I liked a lot of the characters, but I never became invested in the plot. Like I never found myself caring about why Atlantis was underwater or what the crystals really did. To me the best parts were the diverse and funny characters. I also liked the steampunk elements. 


5. Favorite moment:
Maddie: Milo is bae- probably one of my top Disney men. Just look at him giving his presentation:
I think my favorite moment of his is when Kida is showing him around the city- they have great chemistry (for animated characters):
Alexis: I didn't have a favorite moment. A few scenes I liked in particular were the introductions to the crew members, and the stories they told Milo. 

6. Any other comments:
Maddie: I think the movie also has such a great group dynamic:

Alexis: Milo is Dr. Jones if he never took on the persona of Indiana Jones.

No comments:

Post a Comment