font-family: 'Dancing Script', cursive;

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Day 16: Robin Hood

Golly What A Day: We Watch Robin Hood!

1. What movie did you watch?
Robin Hood. The story is based on the legend of Robin Hood and uses animals instead of humans to tell the story. It initially received many positive reviews, but they have become more mixed over time, with some critics calling it a "weaker" film because of its lack of "excitement and magic". The film was allotted a small budget, therefore the artists referenced a lot of footage from previous animated features. Fun fact: A dance sequence in the film was traced from sequences originally produced for Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, The Jungle Book, and The Aristocats.

2. Have you seen it before/ how long has it been since you last saw it?
Maddie: No! It was my first time EVER!
Alexis: Yup, it's another one of the family favorites! The last time I watched it was about 5 months ago when I got my wisdom teeth out.

3. What memories did it recall?
Maddie: ...None? I guess it kind of reminded me of Once Upon a Time?
And the Doctor Who episode, of course...

Alexis: Every time I hear the little whistling song that the Rooster sings, it always reminds me of being a kid because my sister and I used to imitate it all the time. Also, the opening song when Robin and Little John are going through the forest always reminds me of my dad and how he would always change the words. 


4. What did you think of it?
Maddie: It was okay...not a new favorite by any means but definitely not the worst. It was very different from a lot of other Disney movies and I guess I was just thrown off by it all.

Alexis: I liked it! It's just a fun, nostalgia thing for me. It's not one of my top favorites, but I like it all the same.

5. Favorite moment:
Maddie: This was nice:

Alexis: Definitely the chase/fight scene after the archer tournament. It's just very entertaining and it includes all the characters all together. 


6. Any other comments:
Maddie: This is THE LAZIEST of all the Disney films! From all the reused animation and voices, even MUSIC, to naming the sidekick Hiss because he's a snake! I get that Walt was gone and they were in a transition period (into the dark ages of Disney) but COME ON!
The Dance sequence is literally ALL reused animation from Snow White, Jungle Book, and Aristocats!

Alexis: The father church mouse is voiced by the same actor who voices Piglet. 

Feel free to leave a comment and share your own memories with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment